Stephens Memorial Hospital is seeking one full time and one Part Time temporary (PRN) Cook to work in the Dietary Department. Experience in dietary strongly preferred. Computer skills a plus.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for preparing and serving palatable, nourishing, well-balanced diets to meet the daily nutritional and special dietary needs of patients.
Shift: Rotating shift
1.Prepares regular and therapeutic diets that are palatable and appetizing in accordance with portion control procedures while following oral and written instructions and menu's recipes.
2. Operates kitchen equipment according to operating manual requirements.
3. Keeps food waste to a minimum.
4. Maintains routine meal schedules and serving times.
5. Prepares foods for special parties and groups, and assists in the planning of these events in a cooperative manner.
6. Cleans and maintains the kitchen facility in a safe and sanitary manner including floors, walls, all equipment and utensils.
7. Performs dish washing of pots, pans and other designated items.
8. Stocks supplies and groceries.
9. Assists in interviewing in a professional manner.
10. Prepares food tray and properly places items prior to delivery.
11. Understands and complies with Safety Data Sheets.
12. Answers phone calls and responds to patient and staff questions in a courteous manner.
13. Maintain privacy and confidentiality of all patient information and Hospital business.
14. Follow the established universal precautions and isolation procedures.
15. Encourages an atmosphere of optimism, warmth and interest. Implements AIDET philosophy.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Required:
High school graduate or GED; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Texas Food Handler Certification.
SMH is An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V and a Drug/Tobacco Free Workplace.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Other
Lidia Lazaro - HR Director
200 S Geneva St.
Breckenridge, Te 76424